- This event has passed.
Parenting Class: ICAN MY PLATE Class with Kim Tacket
August 17 @ 10:00 am
Join us for this 8 class course by ICAN to learn about budget/family friendly cooking!
Parents who attend the full series will earn an ICAN certificate.
Here is some more info from the NMSU Bernalillo County Extention office’s webpage:
“What is ICAN?
ICAN offers free nutrition education to New Mexicans with limited economic resources.
At every hands-on session, you’ll engage in a fun food activity and a simple physical activity.
You may receive recipes, an exercise DVD, and other fun and useful items.
With ICAN you can learn how to:
- Save money at the grocery store
- Store and handle food safely
- Be more physically active
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prepare quick and nutritious meals that your family will love!
ICAN is funded primarily by SNAP-Ed and EFNEP.
ICAN is a program of New Mexico State University’s Cooperative Extension Service.”